1. What are the differences between A1 and A2?
A1 would be informal and casual. You don’t need a specific format usually and you can have open punctuation. It would be friendly and have a tone reflecting your mood. In A2 it would be formal, your tone would usually have to be neutral, and you could have open or closed punctuation.
2. What are the differences between B1 and B2?
B1 would be definitely written in a neutral tone, it would have a letterhead of course and would not have any errors. B2 would be the same. Very formal and business like.
1. Explain standard formatting.
Standard formatting is a conventional way of formatting a letter. A way a reader expects.
2. What is parallel structure?
This is when certain elements of a letter are similar and seem to be set in a pattern.
3. How does a block-style letter differ from
They are different because they have the date and signature in different places and with different spacing. They both flush the left margin, however and don’t use indentations.
4. List the seven common elements of letters.
• inside address
• complimentary close
5. What is the difference between open
punctuation and mixed punctuation?
Mixed punctuation is a style that has punctuation after the salutation the complimentary close. Open punctuation is a style in which there is no punctuation after the salutation or complimentary close.